Wednesday, September 19, 2007

“Sorry everyone” - the latest resignation email

If this would not come from the FT i would have thought this was a fake and from "The Onion". I´m still not convinced if i can quote Jeff Matthews "I´m not making this up"..... But regardless of the authenticity it is fun to read this mail. In the future lots of i-bankers don´t have to quit themselves........

Wenn dieses Geschichte nicht von der FT gekommen wäre hätte ich es eher für einen Bericht aus dem Satiremagazin "Titanic" gehalten. Ich bin mir aber immer noch nicht sicher ob ich Jeff Matthews mit "I´m not making this up" zitieren kann.....Unabhängig von der Echtheit ist es trotzdem lesenwert. Zukünftig werden wir auf solche Mails wohl verzeichten müssen..... Demnächst wird vielen an Wall Street wohl weniger "lustig" die Kündigung mitgeteilt......


----- Original Message -----
From: Mauldin, Jonathan-IBD+
To: XXXXXX
Sent: Sun Sep 16 07:02:32 2007
Subject: Sorry everyone

I'm leaving the bank now.

'm not made to do this. If I put my mind to something as much as I do
here to mindless text editing, copy and pasting, and getting yelled at
for stuff other people can't/won't/don't do, I would be much better off.
It's 6:43 a.m. on a Sunday, and I have at least 14 more hours of work to
do today that will not be fulfilling, useful, appreciated, recognized,
or paid for.

Sorry this is last minute, but it's just not worth doing more

My blackberry is on my desk

Apparently that failed staffing request was fatal (no, not as in I'm
going to kill myself, hehe, I'm just going to go enjoy life). There is
no happiness here.

I took all my personal stuff. No one needs to contact me for anything
(except for a drink for those of you with my personal number). I will
only be at my New York address a few days longer.

Good luck y'all,

Jonathan Napier Mauldin
UBS Investment Bank
Global Healthcare Group
299 Park Avenue, 36th Floor
New York, NY 10171

P) 212.821.5273(F) 212.821.5482
Jonathan.Mauldin@ubs.com

P.S. I'll be waiting for some smart-ass associate to send a
"best-practice e-mail for how to quit properly". Thank you XXX,
XXXX, and XXX for your previous e-mails. I will be sure to keep
your tips in mind.
AddThis Feed Button

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kid's a wimp

9:28 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home